As a therapist I can help facilitate better communication based on empathy that will increase mutual validation, shared understanding, trust, security and comfort within your relationship as a couple or as a family.
I have experience working with couples of various ages, different cultural/ social backgrounds and sexual orientations. I have special expertise in working with couples who are negotiating cultural differences in inter–cultural, inter-racial, or inter-faith relationships.
In couples therapy, I can help you:·
- Understand more clearly each other’s emotions, so you can offer and receive support
- Recognize underlying reasons for your conflict
- Address negative interaction patterns
- Recover from difficult life events in a way that strengthens the relationship
- Learn how to repair and forgive injuries, such as infidelity
- Learn to renew love and build trust
- Enhance your emotional and physical closeness
- Resolve issues related to parenthood and parenting concerns
- Negotiate differences in cultural, racial, ethnic, religious, and socio-economic backgrounds
- Negotiate the impact of families of origin on the relationship
- Affirm strengths in your relationship
- Improve your communication
I use Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy (EFT).
In EFT I will help you address the feelings that are usually the underlying reasons of a distressed relationship:
- Can I reach for you in my moments of need?
- Can I rely on you to respond to me when I need you emotionally?
- Will you be there for me?
- Will you stay close to me and value me?
- Are you impacted by how I feel and what I say?
- Can I trust you?
- Am I important to you?